1. Cheng Tung Technology Co, Ltd is a specialty manufacturer of capacitors and other electronic components. In view of today's rapid development in science and technology, general manager Su stresses that to survive in the cutting edge competition, we must continuously develop small size but superior quality products with low price for the rapidly evolving electronic goods. To this end, Cheng Tung has established the Research and Development Center. Altogether we recruited a total of 8 experienced engineers for the Taoyuan and Shenzhen plants. Aside from research and development of electronic components and after-sales service, we also spare several engineers for research and development of electronic equipment such as temperature controller, and hope that such products will bring more profits for the company.
2. Thanks to emphasis of the management level and strenuous efforts of the R&D team, the company has earned a reputation in plastic capacitors for high quality and an edge over competitors of the industry in the following areas:
- • 2.1 Cheng Tung's X1 capacitor has won UL, CUL, ENEC, CQC and KC certification in safety. We are the first capacitor manufacturer to have won Korea's K Mark certification in Taiwan and enabled us to become a business partner to Korea's large electronics manufacturer LG.
- • 2.2 Compared to the X2 capacitor, the X1 capacitor of Cheng Tung is of a higher grade even though its size has not increased and the measurements of certain specifications are even smaller while the price is not more expensive. Thus, X1 is the best choice for EMI and EMC engineers and buyers.
- • 2.3 Cheng Tung already got UL and CUL certification of its X1 capacitor up to 10uF while the industry only up to 4.7~6.8uF;
- • 2.4 Cheng Tung is the first company to have integrated the X and Y capacitors by curling them with plastic films. This new type of capacitors is resistant to electromagnetic interference and gives more convenience to consumers. Because of its low DF value and low price, such capacitors are the best preference for EMI and EMC engineers. The construction of the capacitor has also won patent certification of the Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection.
- • 2.5 Cheng Tung is the first company to have successfully converted the Y2 ceramic capacitors into plastic capacitors. Its minimum loss in capacitance is 0.1uF and the product is already certified by UL.
3. The Future R&D Roadmap and Vision:
- • 3.1 Research and development of electrolytic solid capacitors
The electrolytic solid capacitor is a next generation capacitor using the conductive polymer with high conductivity and excellent heat stability for the solid electrolyte to replace the electrolyte of the traditional aluminum electrolytic capacitor. This has markedly improved the shortcomings of the traditional liquid aluminum electrolytic capacitor and demonstrates excellent electric specifications and reliability. It is tolerant of high temperature and is of excellent frequency specifications and conductivity, and longer life. It can be extensively used in low voltage and high current products such as the industrial computers, projectors and slim DVDs and so on.
- • 3.2 Research and development of negative ion capacitors
The negative ion capacitor generates high voltage direct current through input of pulsed voltage and forms an electric field to enable the electrodes to generate the ionization thrusting effect, thereby initiating collision of the air molecules and generate ionization of the air molecules and the negative ions in the air. The negative ion capacitors are being used in electric fans, fan heaters, negative ion blowers, and air cleaners, etc.
- • 3.3 Research and development of multi-layer ceramic capacitors
Multi-layer ceramic capacitor is noted for high capacitance, low internal inductance, heat-resistant, high insulation impedance and suitable for high frequency circuits; the capacitor is highly suitable for miniaturized and slim size consumer electronics, telecommunication equipment and computers.
- • 3.4 Research and development of integrated thin film capacitors
For further miniaturization of plastic capacitors so as to conserve usable space of the plastic shell, we plan to develop integrated thin film capacitors in a move to reduce use of epoxy resin, lower cost and increase competitiveness.
- • 3.5 Research and development of super capacitors
Supercapacitor is also called electric double layer capacitor. It has high capacitance and uses porous materials to attract ions for storage of electric charges. This experiment uses carbon as the material. Since the traditional dielectric capacitor provides only microfarad capacitance, but each gram of material of the supercapacitor can generate over a dozen microfarad; its massive electric charge storage capacity is due to the narrow distance between the charged ion and the surface of carbon (about 1nm) and carbon's high surface area. The supercapacitor is suitable for the electric car equipment which requires rapid charging and continuous electrostatic discharge.
- • 3.6 Research and development of rapid temperature controllers
The rapid temperature controller uses the power control component to enable the heater to raise temperature to its target value and maintain the temperature range between a few percentage points. The unique feature of the product is to rapidly raise temperature to its target value and raise its productivity. Also, the stable temperature control ensures production quality and contributes substantially to the yield of automated and semi-automated machinery. It is good for the welding process of flat cables, connectors, terminals and other electronic components for mass production, as well as products that require rapid temperature raise.